American Planning Association for Students (APAS) Committee
APAS Committee Mission Statement:
To promote the involvement of student planners in local, regional, and national planning activities and to provide a mechanism through which students can interact with professionals, address common concerns, and receive support in their endeavors in the field of planning.
The Intentions of the APAS Committee shall be to:
1. Bridge the gap between students throughout the state of Colorado within planning related programs, as well as prospective students, with the State APA Chapter and National APA organizations.
2. Provide the mechanism whereby student planners can influence the development of the planning profession.
3. Serve as a social network for APAS members.
4. Keep students informed and aware of planning related events throughout Colorado as well as APA National and encourage student participation.
5. Coordinate events with students to maintain communication and to encourage proactive suggestions and involvement among students.
6. Create, fund, organize, and implement programs and events to help supplement the educational and professional experience of APAS members.
7. Engage in local projects to create professional and long-term connection