AICP members must earn a total of 32 CM credits (1 contact hour = 1 CM credit) within their two-year reporting period. A four month grace period has been established during which time members are able to continue to earn and log credits to fulfill their reporting period through April 30.
A minimum of 1.5 CM credits must include the topic of ethics, and another 1.5 credits must be on the topic of current planning law. AICP members may carry over a maximum of 16 CM credits from one reporting period into the subsequent reporting period; however, any surplus ethics and planning law credits will be carried over to the next two-year reporting period as general CM credits, not law or ethics.
AICP members who do not meet CM requirements within four years will lose AICP certification and will be obliged to seek recertification in order to regain the AICP credential.
To earn CM credits, look for the CM logo (above) or the CM abbreviation on any flyer or marketing material for an event. CMs are offered in increments of one-half hour. For a comprehensive list of ways to earn CM credits, visit the AICP web page.
Please visit the MyAPA portal of APA’s website to claim your credits. You may use the following steps:
- Login using your APA ID# and password.
- Select "View my CM log"
- Select "Add CM-Registered Credits"
- Using the search option box in green type in the name of the event or event number (e.g., 21064) and click "search."
Please note: If searching for an event by Provider, using the letters, please select the initial of the first name of the provider. From the list, then select the name of the provider. Select the "Past Events" tab to locate the event you have attended
- From the results, find your event and select "Add to My Log." If this is a multi-part event you will have the option to select from a list of activity sessions
- Please rate, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and check the box to confirm
- Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log
If you have any further questions or experience an issue reporting your CM credits, please contact AICPCM@planning.org. APA’s customer service associates are available to assist you.