APA Colorado also has a number of committees that allow members to get involved in more specific aspects of planning in Colorado. The committees are described below, click on the link for additional background and contact information.
- American Planning Association for Students (APAS Colorado Student Chapter) – APAS is the student chapter of APA Colorado affiliated with the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Colorado, Denver.
- Awards Committee – The Awards Committee works to recognize outstanding projects, plans, and people in the Colorado planning field.
- Emerging Planning Professionals (EPP) – EPP works to connect planners in the beginning stages of their career .
- Healthy Communities Initiative - A newly established committee formed to help oversee the submittal or grant applications for APA's program. The committee will be moving into other healthy community and planning avenues. Check back as this committee's website is developed.
- Legislative Committee – The Legislative Committee meets regularly during the legislative session (January – May) and occasionally during the rest of the year to discuss and take positions on planning-related bills, working with our lobbyist to advance good planning in the Colorado. This committee also works with lobbyists and legislators to testify on bills during the hearing process at the Capitol as well as to develop language for new bills.
- Outreach and Communication Committee – The O & C Committee acts on behalf of APA Colorado to communicate with our statewide membership to share news, activities, events, and other information related to APA Colorado.
- Professional Development Committee – The Professional Development Committee works to support the ongoing professional education of planners in Colorado through organizing or certifying events that further knowledge of good planning practices.
- Sustainability Committee – The Sustainability Committee helps planners understand and address sustainability issues through planning including urban agriculture, community food assessments, and planning for healthy communities.