• To celebrate excellence in Colorado planning achievement
9.2 SPECIAL COMMITTEES.
The President may establish any number of other committees necessary to further the purposes, programs, and objectives of the Chapter. The President has the authority to appoint and remove chairpersons and committee members. Effective July 1, 2012, such appointments shall be for a term of one year and may be renewed. Such special committees may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Nominating Committee (see Article 12).
2. Conference Planning Committee.
3. Bylaws Committee.
5. 4. Special Projects Committee.
6. Awards Committee.
7. Past Presidents Committee.
ARTICLE 14: CHAPTER AWARDS
1. The Chapter shall develop and maintain an awards program to recognize excellent service by individuals and groups significantly contributing to the advancement of the art and science of planning in the Chapter area.
2. Awards may be made to individuals or groups, to members or nonmembers of APA and to professional planners, citizen planners, elected officials or students.
3. The Vice President for External Affairs shall be responsible for overseeing the awards program. He or she shall describe the specific purposes and characteristics of the awards program and solicit, receive and review nominations.
4. The Board shall review and approve the general plan for the awards program, as well as nominations for awards.
5. Members of the Board may be considered eligible for an award, as may the agencies or firms with which they are associated.
6. The awards shall be formally announced at the Chapter annual meeting.
Committee Opportunities (where help/support from the membership is needed)
• Ownership by the committee members to complete the required steps to implement the awards ceremony which truly honors the award recipients.
• Working with the Student Committee to set the program guidelines for a design competition which honors student work in a way that is unique to the theoretical confines of their program practice.
• Year long