Welcome to the Emerging Planning Professionals Committee of the American Planning Association-Colorado Chapter. This Committee strives to be a resource for entry to mid level planners. Our goals are to connect emerging planners to each other and more experienced planners, provide professional development opportunities, encourage outreach and service in community and showcase the awesomeness of Colorado’s emerging planners!
Learn more about how we are reaching our four goals:
Is EPP for you?
You know you’re an emerging planning professional if . . .
- you’ve been in the field 8 years or less (after that, you’re technically eligible for senior-level positions, according to APA-National),
- you’ve recently graduated from a planning-related program and are looking to stay engaged with your state APA chapter,
- you want to build lasting relationships with like-minded professionals at similar stages in their career,
- you live and work around the state and want to network with other emerging professionals you might not know,
- you like continuous learning opportunities and want to expand your knowledge of the field,
- you’re interested in peer-to-peer mentoring and/or mentorship opportunities with more experienced professionals, and/or
- you’re just plain curious about this mysterious group called EPP.