Committee Opportunities (where help/support from the membership is needed)
- Establishing a Scholarship Review Board
- Preparing/Presenting AICP Exam Review Sessions
- Conference/Workshop/Training session selection
- Creation of an APA Colorado Ethics course or presenter pool
9.1.2 Professional Development Committee.
18.104.22.168 Composition: The President shall appoint at least three (3) Chapter members to serve on the Professional Development Committee, including a Professional Development Officer who shall serve as chairperson and shall serve as a voting member of the Executive Committee. In order to stagger terms of appointments, the Professional Development Officer, and at least one additional member shall be appointed to the committee in odd years and at least one member shall be appointed in even years. The Professional Development Officer shall be a member of AICP and one member of the committee shall be a member of the faculty of a planning program at an accredited institution of higher education in Colorado.
22.214.171.124 Duties: The Chapter Professional Development Committee shall perform the following duties:
1. Encourage and promote continuing education and professional development for Chapter members.
2. Act as liaison with planning programs in institutions of higher education in the state.
3. Advise prospective members of AICP as to the qualifications, purposes, and programs of the AICP.
4. Inform members of the Chapter about the Chapter’s “Ethical Principles in Planning” and the “AICP Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.” Assist in interpreting the Chapter’s “Ethical Principles in Planning” for Chapter members.
5. Inquire into the conduct of individual members with regard to professional ethics and make appropriate recommendations for action by the Board.