Membership in APA provides access to knowledge, materials, and professional expertise not only statewide, but nationally. This provides a broad base upon which to build your career and strengthen your professional planning practice.
Under the umbrella of APA, there are several membership choices dependent upon your needs. Joining the national American Planning Association includes APA Colorado membership and you’ll receive:
• Member rates at Conferences, Workshops & Trainings
• Planning Matters Quarterly Newsletter
• A voice in legislative planning and land use issues
• Free Job Listings
• Lots of networking and social activities!
• Planning, APA's publication of news on contemporary planning practice
• The Commissioner, (if a Planning Commissioner or elected official), a quarterly publication by APA for planning commissioners and elected officials
A Chapter Only Membership is also available, which includes APA Colorado Chapter benefits – member rates at all events, workshops and conferences, notification of Planning Matters (online newsletter) and other chapter news, and voting rights. It does not provide access to APA National; the publications, Planning and The Commissioner; or AICP benefits. The Chapter Only Membership is designed for non - AICP planners from small planning agencies, retired planners, allied professionals and appointed officials such as planning commissioners.